DirecTV.com Error Code 726 is a common problem when using your DirecTV account online. The error occurs when you try to access some features of your account on the website or mobile app and can be frustrating if you don’t know how to fix it. Luckily, we have some solutions for getting past this problem so that you can continue enjoying your DirecTV service!
What is Error Code 726?
Error code 726 is a common error that can be caused by many different things. The most common reason for this error is when the browser you are using to access DirecTV.com does not have the latest version of Flash installed on it. Another common cause for this problem is if you are using an old version of Java or another program that needs updating, or if your internet connection is not working properly.
The device you are using to connect may also be causing Error Code 726 errors on DirecTV’s website. For example, if you’re trying to browse with your cell phone but don’t have enough bandwidth available at that time, any error codes will pop up because they require more bandwidth than what your cell phone supplies without fail!
Causes of Error Code 726
The error code 726 is most often caused by an issue with the DirecTV server or website. The problem may also be your internet connection or device. The following are some common reasons why you’re receiving this error message:
- Your device is not connected to the internet. This could be due to having no wireless connection, having a dead battery in your laptop, using a public network (like at school), or just forgetting to plug in before entering your password.
- Your browser does not support TLS 1.2 encryption protocol; this is required for logging into DirecTV accounts online at this time and will be required moving forward going forward all new online accounts created on March 1, 2020 will require TLS 1.2 encryption protocol when logging into them via any website (not just DirecTV).
You might as well like this article
How to Fix Error Code 726
Error code 726 is a common error that DirecTV users face. Thankfully, there are a few things you can try to fix this error. In this article, we’ll go over some of the most effective methods for fixing DirecTV error code 726.
Check your internet connection
1. Check your internet connection: DirecTV recommends a minimum download speed of 3 Mbps to stream live or recorded TV content from their website. If you are using a wireless connection, try connecting your device to the router using an Ethernet cable to see if that improves your streaming experience.
2. Check for browser updates: Outdated browser versions can sometimes cause problems with streaming audio and video content. Make sure you are using the most recent version of your preferred browser, and that any security or ad-blocking extensions are disabled.
3. Clear your browser’s cache and cookies: Over time, your browser’s cache can become full of saved data from websites you have visited, which can slow down loading times. Clearing this data can help improve your streaming experience.
4. Disable any VPN or proxy services you may be using: If you are trying to stream content from another country, DirecTV’s geo-restrictions may block your access. Try disabling any VPN or proxy services you are using to see if that fixes the problem.
5. Contact DirecTV customer support: If you have followed all of the steps above and are still seeing the error code 726, contact DirecTV customer support for further assistance.
Check your DirecTV account
If you’re still having trouble, the best thing to do is check your DirecTV account. If you see any error messages or experience any other problems, please give them a call at 1-800-531-5000. Alternatively you can visit this website
Restart your DirecTV receiver
If you are getting the 726 error on your DirecTV receiver, it may be caused by a software issue. You can try restarting your DirecTV receiver to see if that fixes the problem.
1. Unplug your DirecTV receiver from the power outlet.
2. Wait for 30 seconds, then plug your DirecTV receiver back in.
3. Once your DirecTV receiver has restarted, try accessing the DirecTV website again to see if you can now stream video without getting the 726 error.
Method Four: Update your DirecTV receiver
If you’re still seeing the 726 error after trying all of the methods above, it’s likely that your DirecTV receiver is outdated. You can update your receiver by following these steps:
1. Press the Menu button on your remote control.
2. Select Settings & Help.
3. Select Settings.
4. Highlight System Setup and press Select.
5. Highlight Software Downloads and press Select.
6. If there’s an update available, follow the prompts to install it.
Tips to Avoid Error Code 726
If you’re getting an Error Code 726, there are a few things you can do to try and fix it.
- Close all open browser windows. If your browser is already frozen or acting up (for example, if the screen keeps refreshing or the tabs won’t load), closing your browser may help get rid of the error.
- Try to refresh the page again. You might have just missed an update that caused this error code to appear on your screen; closing all open browsers and hitting “refresh” can sometimes fix this problem for good!
- Try to use a different browser if possible, such as Firefox instead of Chrome or Safari instead of Opera as these tend not only be faster but also more stable than less popular ones like Internet Explorer (which we don’t recommend using anyway).This could mean having some trouble with websites where they require specific plugins like Java installed beforehand – but don’t worry too much about that just yet because there’s still one more thing left before giving up completely.
Watch video below
If you continue to encounter other challenges, you can reach to them through their websit