It’s time to get off the couch and into Zwift. Zwift is a virtual reality game that lets you ride on your bike, train for races, and keep up with friends. But if you have an Apple TV and want to download it onto your device, this article will give you all the steps you need to follow in order to do so.
What is the Zwift App
The Zwift app is a mobile application that allows you to connect to the Zwift network. It’s available for both Android and iOS devices, and it’s free to download.
Once you’ve installed the app and set up your account, you can access all of the features of Zwift. You’ll be able to ride courses, interact with other users, plan workouts and races with friends, train against virtual competitors, or just explore your city by bike—all without leaving your home!
It’s also possible to use Zwift without the app. If you don’t have a smartphone or tablet device that can run the app (or if you simply don’t want to use it), there are still plenty of ways to get in on all that Zwifting has to offer!
How can l download Zwift App on Apple TV
Go to the App Store.
- Go to the App Store on your Apple TV.
- Search for “Zwift” in the search bar at the top of the screen, then click it when it appears.
- Click “Get” or “Download.”
Purchase Zwift app.
To get Zwift on your Apple TV, you will have to buy the mobile app first. To do this, log into the App Store on your Apple TV and search for “Zwift”. Once you find it, click Get to download it directly onto your device.
Download Zwift app and open.
- Click the Download button.
- Click the Download button again to confirm the download.
- Open the app and click on “Install.” The installation process will begin and then complete once it’s done, so be patient! After that process is over with, close out of all of your open apps (including Zwift) before opening up Zwift again. You’ll need to do this for every subsequent run of Zwift because it doesn’t remember what version you last used unless you’ve made it so that every time you launch your Apple TV 4K device, Zwift automatically opens up when prompted.
Enter email used to create account or use your Facebook account to sign in.
Now you’re ready to log in.
- Enter your email address and password. This is the same information you used to create your account when you signed up for Zwift.
- Click Sign In once completed. You’ll be brought to the main menu where your avatar will appear onscreen riding its virtual bike or running on a treadmill, depending on what kind of workout you’d like to do. It’s possible that there may be an additional step between signing into Zwift and seeing your avatar appear: some users have reported having trouble connecting via Facebook at first (more details on this later). If that is the case for you, try using another device or browser until Facebook connects successfully before trying again with Apple TV; this process should take less than 10 minutes total if done correctly!
Enter password for your Zwift account or click Log in with Facebook if you choose that option in step 4.
- Enter your Zwift account password or click Log in with Facebook if you choose that option in step 4.
Click “Allow” on the prompt that appears after you’ve entered your information.
Once you’ve entered your information, a prompt will appear asking if Zwift can access your location. Click “Allow” to continue.
Zwift needs to know where you are in order to show you the correct routes. If you’re uncomfortable with this, there’s an option for using the web app instead that doesn’t require access to your location.
It only takes a few minutes to get started using Zwift on your TV.
It only takes a few minutes to get started using Zwift on your TV.
To begin, you’ll need the following:
- An Apple TV 4th generation or newer running tvOS 10 or later (a game controller isn’t required)
- A supported Zwift accessory that lets you connect your Bluetooth Smart trainer to your Apple TV (e.g., CycleOps Hammer Direct Drive, Elite Direto and Tacx Flow Smart trainers)
Alternate Way to Get Zwift on Apple TV
If you don’t have an Apple TV, or if you just aren’t interested in playing Zwift on your big screen, the next best thing is to play it on your phone. To do this, go to zwift.com and click the “get zwift” button at the top of their website.
Enter your email address and password so that they can verify who you are and then click “get started”. You’ll then be taken through a few steps until you see a page that says “Get Zwift for TV”, which is what we’re looking for!
Clicking on this link will take us to another page where we can download an app onto our device called Zwift Companion (it’s actually called something like ‘Zombie Link’, but I’m not sure why). The next step would be downloading this app onto our phone or tablet using whatever method works best (iTunes Store, Google Play Store
here are some frequently asked questions about how to get Zwift on Apple TV:
What is Zwift?
Zwift is an online platform that allows cyclists and runners to train and compete in a virtual environment. It connects to your bike trainer or treadmill to provide a more interactive and engaging workout experience.
Can I get Zwift on Apple TV?
Yes, you can get Zwift on Apple TV. The app is available on the Apple TV App Store and can be downloaded like any other app.
Do I need a special Apple TV to run Zwift?
No, you do not need a special Apple TV to run Zwift. Zwift can run on any fourth-generation Apple TV or newer.
Do I need any additional equipment to run Zwift on Apple TV?
Yes, you will need some additional equipment to run Zwift on Apple TV. You will need a bike trainer or treadmill to connect to the app, as well as sensors to measure your speed, cadence, and heart rate. You can use either Bluetooth or ANT+ sensors, depending on your equipment.
How do I set up Zwift on Apple TV?
To set up Zwift on Apple TV, follow these steps:
Download the Zwift app from the Apple TV App Store.
Connect your bike trainer or treadmill to the app using Bluetooth or ANT+.
Connect your sensors to the app using Bluetooth or ANT+.
Sign up for a Zwift account and choose a membership plan.
Start riding or running in the virtual world of Zwift!
Can I use a remote control to navigate Zwift on Apple TV?
Yes, you can use the Siri remote that comes with your Apple TV to navigate Zwift. However, it may be more convenient to use a Bluetooth-enabled game controller, which will give you more control over your avatar’s movements.
Can I ride with friends on Zwift on Apple TV?
Yes, you can ride with friends on Zwift on Apple TV. Zwift allows you to join group rides and races, or you can invite friends to ride with you in a private meetup.
Do I need an internet connection to use Zwift on Apple TV?
Yes, you will need an internet connection to use Zwift on Apple TV. Zwift is an online platform that requires an internet connection to connect to its servers and other users.
Can I use Zwift on Apple TV without a subscription?
No, you will need a subscription to use Zwift on Apple TV. Zwift offers a variety of membership plans, including a free trial period and monthly or yearly subscription options.