How to Install Xfinity Stream on Vizio Smart TV , letss unpack the steps.
I want to show you how to install Xfinity Stream on Vizio TV. This will allow you to access Comcast’s Xfinity Stream service directly from Vizio TV’s Internet Apps or Smart TV functionality. This allows you to watch live and on-demand content from your Xfinity Stream app, as well as access your cable TV channels.
If you are reading this article, it can be assumed that you are interested in how to watch Live TV shows and On-Demand programming on your Vizio Smart TV. If you were reading it for other reasons, stick around maybe there is something else you might find useful! Who knows?
How to Cast Xfinity Stream to Vizio Smart TV
Installing Xfinity Stream on Vizio Smart TV is easy and can be done in a few simple steps. Before you start, make sure that your Vizio Smart TV is connected to the internet and that you have a valid subscription for Xfinity Stream. Once you have both of these requirements taken care of, follow the instructions below to get started:
1. On your Vizio Smart TV remote, press the “V” button to open the VIA Plus Menu.
2. Select “Apps & Widgets” from the menu options.
3. Scroll down to find and select “Xfinity Stream” (or search for it by typing ‘Xfinity’ in the search bar).
4. Once you select it, click “Install” which will initiate the download process.
5. After installation is complete, select “Open” to launch the app on your device or choose “Go To Home Screen” option if you want it available on the home screen of your device .
Congratulations! You now have successfully installed Xfinity Stream on your Vizio Smart TV! Now all you need is an active account with Comcast or one of its affiliates in order to access all of their content and enjoy watching all of their shows, movies and other entertainment options available through their streaming platform. Enjoy!
Using a Smartphone (Android or iOS) and Enabling AirPlay on Vizio Smart TV
You can directly cast Android content to Vizio Smart TV by downloading the Google Cast app from Play Store. But, if you want to stream iOS apps or movies on your Vizio smart TV then you’ll need AirPlay enabled first before attempting to use Chromecast for streaming.
Press the Home button on your Vizio TV remote.
To navigate to this screen, click the Extras tab at the top.
Select the AirPlay option on your device.
You can turn on the AirPlay feature on a Vizio Smart TV.
Now, you can cast your iPhone’s or iPad’s screen from the app.
To connect your casting device to Vizio Smart TV, you must have both devices connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Download the Xfinity app on your Android phone or iPhone from either the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
Launch the Xfinity app, and enter your login information.
Tap the Cast icon on your app, and a list of available devices will appear.
Go to the list of installed apps, and find Vizio Smart TV.
The Xfinity Stream app will appear on your TV screen almost instantly.
Watch any video content on the app and it will also be shown on your Vizio Smart TV.
Using a PC (Chrome Browser)
When you want to cast Xfinity Stream to your Vizio Smart TV using a PC, it can be a little bit tricky. There are a few settings you have to adjust and some extra steps that need to be taken.
First, you’ll need to download the Chrome browser onto your computer. Once you’ve done that, open up the browser and sign in using your Xfinity credentials.
Now you should see the home screen for the app on the left side of your screen. At this point, click on “Cast.”
Next, click on “Cast media content.” This will give you a list of all the different types of content that can be cast from this app. Scroll down until you see “Vizio Smart TV” and click on it.
Now go back up one level by clicking ‘Home’ at the top left-hand side of the screen (or by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Up). Then hover over ‘Vizio Smart TV’ and click on ‘Cast.’ You should now see a pop-up window asking if you want to allow casting from this device, click ‘Allow.’ You should see another pop-up window telling you that casting has been enabled, click ‘OK.’ Now
Alternative Ways to Get Xfinity on Vizio Smart TV
If you’re a Comcast customer, you can use your Xfinity Stream app to watch all the content you love on your Vizio Smart TV. Here’s how!
1. Connect the Firestick device to the HDMI port of the Vizio TV and set it up.
2. Turn on the Vizio Smart TV and move to the Firestick interface.
3. Select the Search option under the Find tab and type Xfinity in the search bar.
4. Choose the Xfinity Stream app from the suggestions.
5. Click the Get or Download option to download Xfinity Stream on Firestick.
6. Launch the app on Firestick-connected Vizio TV (https://www.xfinitytvanywhereapp.com/activate)
7. On the Next screen, type your Activation Code and click Continue.
8. Activate the app on your Firestick-connected Vizio Smart TV by signing in to your Xfinity account.
The beta version of Xfinity is available on Roku as a channel in the Roku Channel Store.
(1) Plug the Roku device into an HDMI port on your Vizio smart TV.
(2) Turn on your Roku device, and then press the Home button on the remote control.
(3) To locate the Roku Streaming Channels on your home screen, select the Home icon.
(4) You can search for the Xfinity Stream app by choosing Search Channels on your next screen.
(5) Scroll down through the instructions until you find the options for selecting Xfinity Stream Beta and pressing OK to learn more.
(6) You can add Xfinity Stream on Roku by selecting Add Channel.
(7) If your Roku has a PIN set, enter it to download the app.
(8) Go to the Xfinity Stream app, and then click Go To Channel. The Activation Code will be displayed on your screen after launching it for the first time
(9) Go to the Xfinity Activation website on your computer and enter the activation code.
(10) Log in to your Xfinity account and click Continue.
(11) You will now be able to use the app on your Vizio Smart TV.
Also read this article
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I add apps to my Vizio Smart TV that are not listed?
In order to add apps to your Vizio Smart TV that are not listed, you will need to connect a streaming device or computer that contains the app. For example, if you want to add Netflix, but it is not listed on your TV, you can get an Amazon Firestick 4k and connect it through USB. You can also use other devices like Roku or Apple TV.
Then, use the google play App Store to download more apps on your Vizio Smart TV!
How do I add Xfinity stream to my Smart TV?
First, make sure your TV is connected to the internet. Then, press the Smart Hub button on your control remote to go to the Home screen. Scroll down and select Apps. Select the Magnifying Glass icon. Enter Xfinity Stream using the on-screen keyboard and select Done.
Can you download streaming apps on Vizio Smart TV?
Yes, you can download streaming apps on Vizio Smart TV.
VIA and VIA+ platforms offer a wide range of core apps, such as Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, YouTube, Pandora, and iHeart Radio. You can also add many more apps from the Vizio app store. On some models, you can add the Google Play: Movies and TV app. Click the V button on your Vizio TV remote to go to the home screen.