How to Fix Paramount Plus Not Working on Vizio Smart TV
Your binging session has been interrupted, so let’s get this resolved quickly. While you’re here, we’ll detail the easiest fixes for when Paramount Plus is not working on Vizio smart TVs. The first address a few small changes you can make to your device, and the last two are for the times when all else fails – and all of it is really simple to do!
Check if your Vizio Smart TV is connected to the internet
The first thing you should do when Paramount Plus is not working on your Vizio Smart TV is to check if your TV is connected to the internet. There are a few ways to do this.
The first way is to go to the Settings menu on your Vizio Smart TV and look for the Network option. Once you’re in the Network menu, you should see an option that says “Check connection.” Select that option and see if your Vizio Smart TV is connected to the internet.
If you don’t see the “Check connection” option in the Network menu, you can try going to the System menu and looking for the “Connections” option. Once you’re in the Connections menu, you should see an option that says “Network.” Select that option and follow the prompts to check if your Vizio Smart TV is connected to the internet.
The second way to check if your Vizio Smart TV is connected to the internet is to go to Paramount Plus and try to load a video. If a video starts playing, that means your Vizio Smart TV is connected to the internet. If you get an error message or a blank screen, that means your Vizio Smart TV is not connected to the internet.
Check if the Paramount Plus app is up to date
If you’re having trouble with the Paramount Plus app on your Vizio TV, one of the first things you should do is check to see if the app is up to date. To do this, open the Vizio TV app store and search for Paramount Plus. If an update is available, install it and try opening the app again. If Paramount Plus still isn’t working, move on to the next fix.
Check if your Vizio Smart TV meets the minimum system requirements for the Paramount Plus app
First, ensure that your Vizio Smart TV meets the minimum system requirements for the Paramount Plus app. The app is not compatible with all models of Vizio Smart TVs. If your TV is not listed on the Paramount Plus website as a compatible device, the app will not work.
Second, check for updates to your Vizio Smart TV. Even if your TV meets the minimum system requirements, there may be a required update in order for the Paramount Plus app to work. You can check for updates by going to the settings menu on your Vizio Smart TV.
Third, restart your Vizio Smart TV. This is a simple but often effective fix for many issues with apps on Vizio Smart TVs. To restart your TV, unplug it from power for 30 seconds and then plug it back in. Once your TV has restarted, try opening the Paramount Plus app again.
Fourth, delete and reinstall the Paramount Plus app on your Vizio Smart TV. Sometimes an issue with the app itself can cause it to stop working. To delete the Paramount Plus app, go to the settings menu on your Vizio Smart TV and select “Apps”. Find the Paramount Plus app in the list of installed apps and select it. Then select “Uninstall” and confirm that you want to delete the app. Once the app has been deleted, go to the VIZIO App Store and search for “Paramount Plus” to reinstall it.
Fifth, reset your Vizio Smart TV to factory settings. This should only be done as a last resort as it will erase all of your preferences and settings on your TV. To reset your Vizio Smart TV, go to the settings menu and select “System” followed by “Factory Resets”. Select “Full Factory Reset” and enter your password if prompted. Confirm that you want to reset your TV and all of its settings will be erased. Once yourTV has been reset, try opening the Paramount Plus app again.
Restart the Paramount Plus app
If you’re wondering how to fix Paramount Plus not working on Vizio Smart TV, the first thing you should try is restarting the Paramount Plus app. Sometimes, the app just needs a fresh start in order to work properly. To do this, simply exit the Paramount Plus app and then relaunch it. If this doesn’t work, try restarting your Vizio Smart TV.
Restart your Vizio Smart TV
1. Turn off your Vizio Smart TV
2. Unplug it from the power outlet
3. Wait for a couple of minutes
4. Plug it back into the power outlet
5. Turn on your Vizio Smart TV
6. Check if the Paramount Plus app is working now
Clear the cache of your Vizio Smart TV
If the Paramount Plus app has been crashing or freezing recently, it might help to clear the cache on your Vizio Smart TV. This will remove any temporary files that could be causing the app to behave erratically.
To clear the cache on your Vizio Smart TV:
1. Press the Home button on your Vizio remote control.
2. Navigate to Settings and select All Settings.
3. Select System and then Clear Memory & Cache.
4. Confirm by selecting Clear Memory & Cache again.
5. Restart your Vizio TV and try opening Paramount Plus again to see if the issue has been resolved.
Check if there are any pending updates for your Vizio Smart TV
Vizio Smart TV is one of the most popular smart TVs in the market. It offers a great value for the money with its excellent features and performance. However, like any other electronic devices, Vizio Smart TVs can also experience some problems. One of the most common issues is Paramount Plus not working on Vizio Smart TV.
There are several possible reasons why this problem occurs. It could be due to a technical issue with your TV or it could be due to an issue with your Paramount Plus account. In any case, there are several things you can try to fix this problem.
Here are 10 simple fixes for Paramount Plus not working on Vizio Smart TV:
1. Check if there are any pending updates for your Vizio Smart TV. If there are, then install them and see if that fixes the problem.
2. Restart your Vizio Smart TV and see if that fixes the problem.
3. Delete the Paramount Plus app from your Vizio Smart TV and then install it again from the app store.
4. Try logging into your Paramount Plus account from a different device such as a computer or smartphone and see if that works. If it does, then there might be an issue with your Vizio Smart TV itself and you will need to contact customer support for help.
5. Make sure that you are using the correct email address and password for your Paramount Plus account. If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it by going to the Paramount Plus website and clicking on the “Forgot Password” link.
6. Check if there is an outage in your area by going to the Paramount Plus website or by using a service like Down Detector. If there is an outage, then you will need to wait until it is fixed before you can use Paramount Plus on your Vizio Smart TV again.
7 . Try contacting customer support for Paramount Plus and see if they can help you with this problem.
8 . Disable any VPN or proxy service that you might be using as they can sometimes interfere with the proper functioning of apps such as Paramount Plus.
9 . Factory reset your Vizio Smart TV if none of the other solutions above work. This should only be done as a last resort as it will delete all of your data and settings from the TV.
10 . Try using a different streaming service such as Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon Prime Video instead of Paramount Plus.
Update the firmware of your Vizio Smart TV
If you are facing the problem of Paramount Plus not working on Vizio Smart TV, then there can be a problem with the firmware of your Vizio Smart TV. One way to fix this is to update the firmware of your Vizio Smart TV. The Vizio Smart TV usually updates its firmware automatically, but you can also check for updates manually. Here’s how you can update the firmware of your Vizio Smart TV:
1) On your Vizio Smart TV’s remote control, press the “Menu” button.
2) Select the “System” menu and then select “Check for System Updates”.
3) If there is an update available, follow the instructions on your screen to install it. Once the update is installed, try accessing Paramount Plus again and see if it works.
Uninstall and reinstall the Paramount Plus app
Uninstalling and then reinstalling the Paramount Plus app can often fix minor software glitches that may be causing the app to crash or freeze on your Vizio TV. To do this:
1. Open the Vizio SmartCast TV app store.
2. Locate the Paramount Plus app and select it.
3. Select the Uninstall option.
4. Once the app has been uninstalled, restart your Vizio TV.
5. After your TV has restarted, open the Vizio SmartCast TV app store again and locate the Paramount Plus app.
6. Select the Install option to download and install the latest version of the Paramount Plus app on your Vizio TV.
7. Try opening and using the Paramount Plus app again to see if it is now working properly on your Vizio TV.
Contact Vizio support
If your Vizio smart TV is still not working with Paramount Plus after trying all of the above troubleshooting steps, your next best course of action is to contact Vizio support.
Vizio offers phone and live chat support, and you can also submit a support ticket on their website. Be sure to have your TV’s model number and serial number handy when you contact Vizio support, as they will likely need this information to troubleshoot the issue.