You’ve probably been excited to watch the latest season of your favorite show on your brand new Samsung smart TV. And then you came across something that made you downright frustrated: Paramount+ is not working on your Samsung TV. You know it’s not an issue with your internet connection because everything else works perfectly fine, and it’s not a problem with the content itself because other apps like Netflix and Hulu are great. So what gives? Well, the good news is that there are some simple fixes that you can try before calling customer support or getting all bent out of shape about why this app isn’t working for you!
Paramount+ Not Working on Samsung TV
If you’re a fan of Paramount+ and have been hoping to enjoy it on your Samsung smart TV, there’s a good chance that you’ve run into an issue with the service. If so, you’re definitely not alone—many others have reported similar problems with the streaming service since its launch in April of 2019.
Unfortunately for all those who love the premium Paramount + lineup (which includes The Twilight Zone and Star Trek: Discovery), there seems to be no solution to this problem yet.
According to Samsung’s website, “Paramount + is not currently available on all Samsung Smart TVs.”
Fixes for Paramount Plus Not Working on Samsung TV
The Paramount+ app is available on select Samsung smart TVs. It is not available on Samsung non-smart TVs or Samsung Blu-ray players. If you’re having trouble getting Paramount + to work on your TV, try these troubleshooting tips:
If you’re not sure what your network settings are, or you think they may have changed for some reason, here are a few things to check:
- Make sure your wireless connection is strong and stable. If you’re using a wireless connection, make sure that it isn’t being affected by other electronics or devices in the area. Also be on the lookout for interference from other 2.4ghz networks (which is typical of most Wi-Fi routers).
- Check the router itself — make sure it’s working properly by plugging it directly into another device like a laptop or desktop computer. If there’s still no luck there, try resetting its configuration back to factory defaults then reconfigure it again from scratch with its current settings intact (make sure to write down these before changing them).
- If you’re using wired Ethernet cables instead of Wi-Fi (i.e., “wired” internet), make sure they are plugged into both ends securely with no loose connections anywhere along their length (and don’t use extension cords).
Restart your TV
If you’re still having issues, it’s time to go old school. The first step is to turn off your TV and unplug it from the power source for 5 minutes (yes, five minutes). After that, plug the TV back in and turn it on. Wait for the TV to boot up, then try using the app again. If all goes well, you’ll be able to start watching Paramount+ videos on your Samsung Smart TV again!
Update the App
Here are a few tips to get you back on track:
- If you already have the app, open it and make sure that the latest version is installed. If it isn’t, head over to the App Store or Google Play Store and update your copy of Paramount+.
- If you don’t have the app or want to check if there’s an update available before downloading it, go ahead and search for “Paramount+” in either store (or just click here) and see what comes up—if there’s nothing recent then we’re sorry but maybe try again later? Maybe one day they will come around with something new.
- In case you didn’t know this already: You can also use a Chromecast device with your TV if you want to stream from another device. Just plug it into an HDMI port on your TV, connect it to power (or use batteries), then download our new app for Android or iOS devices!
Uninstall and Reinstall the App
In case you’re getting a “The app can’t be opened” error when trying to access Paramount+ on your Samsung TV, try uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it. If that doesn’t work, reboot both the phone and the TV.
Check the Compatibility of your TV
To make sure your TV is compatible with the Paramount+ app, you must check your TV’s model number.
If you have a Samsung TV from 2012 or later, it’s likely compatible. The latest models are 2015 and 2016 TVs and they are all compatible with this app.
If your Samsung TV was made before 2011 (from 2009 to 2011), then it’s not going to work with Paramount+. You need at least one of these newer models:
2011 model year onwards (2010-2012)
Power Cycle Your Samsung TV
If you’re having trouble with Paramount+ on your Samsung TV, consider power cycling your TV. Power cycling is a common troubleshooting technique that involves turning off and then back on the device in question. Here’s how to do it:
- Unplug your Samsung TV from the wall outlet for 20 seconds or more.
- Plug back in and turn on. This will restart your set with factory settings–which may be just what you need!
How to clear the Paramount Plus app cache on my Samsung TV?
If you’ve tried all of the steps above, but your app still won’t load and you are getting a “Paramount Plus” error message, then there’s one more thing you can do before reaching out for help. On most smart TVs, you can clear the app cache by following these steps:
- Press Home on your remote. Scroll down until “All Apps” is highlighted. Then press Enter/Select.
- Scroll down again until “Settings” is highlighted and press Enter/Select again. You should now see a list of settings options appear on screen – select “Application Manager”.
- Now click on each application listed under “Available Applications.” If there are any apps that have an associated Error Message along with them (i.e., “Apps not responding”), this means there is an issue with that specific app and needs to be fixed before trying again with Paramount Plus (or whatever other streaming service).
Is Paramount Plus available on Samsung smart TVs?
No. The service is not available natively on Samsung smart TVs. If you want to watch movies and TV shows from the Paramount library, you’ll need an Apple TV or Roku device instead.
How do I fix the problem of Paramount+ not working on my Samsung TV?
There are two main options for watching Paramount content on a Samsung smart TV:
- You can buy a streaming device like an Apple TV or Roku and use that to stream through the app’s website, which should work seamlessly with your Samsung smart television. This is the easiest way to get everything set up and working properly!
- If possible, try connecting directly through your router with an Ethernet cable instead of WiFi to see if that makes any difference in terms of functionality issues related specifically to using this particular app (Paramount+).
The Paramount Plus app is available on Samsung smart TVs, but there are some issues that can prevent you from using it. The first thing that you should do is check the compatibility of your TV and ensure that your Samsung smart TV has the correct version of Android installed before trying anything else. If the app still isn’t working correctly after all these steps have been taken care of, then contact Paramount directly to find out more information about what might be going wrong with your device!